Welcome to Defence Lab Training. We teach truly effective self defence to members of the public in Epsom, Ewell and the nearby areas of Surrey and cater for all ages and levels of fitness and ability. We also run specialised programmes for children, as well as corporate team building events and bespoke packages.
We are experts in the physical and mental aspects of reality-based combat and self-defence and have created a unique and real self defence system that is tried and tested in real-life situations. Our system is not competitive or designed for in the ring and will teach you effective techniques to deal with real attacks and multiple attackers. We look at improving awareness skills, recognising threats as soon as possible and neutralising situations before they escalate and if all else fails, to fight back to survive.
Our classes for children also help youngsters develop a stronger sense of self-belief and confidence and the programme teaches other important life skills, such as self-control, respect, teamwork and discipline.
If you would like to find out more information, please ring 0800 246 1878 or email email@example.com
My son loves Defence Lab. I had previously tried him on karate and kick boxing and he never really took to them. Defence Lab is taught in a much more fun way for children, all the while they are staying fit, learning how to look after themselves (from multiple attackers) and learning respect. I think a class like this is invaluable, especially in this day and age. I will feel much more confident of Daniel going out as he gets older knowing that if necessary, he will have the tools to be able to look after himself. Tahir is a wonderful teacher and is just fantastic with the kids.I can't recommend Defence Lab highly enough!!!!! .
Team building fitness activities and self defence for schools and businesses in and around Epsom, Surrey
Here at Defence Lab we can tailor-make a one-off afternoon or organise a series of sessions, so your staff can learn our techniques together in a fun, energetic and inspiring environment. There are many different reasons to organise team-building activities for your staff.
- Improves communication: People who are not used to working together get the chance to know each other and bond.
- Helps build trust and respect: Focusing on a completely new activity away from their place of work will help people reach new goals together, so they build respect.
- Boosts motivation: Organising a team-building activity shows employees you are invested in their well-being and when it comes to Defence Lab events, it shows you care about their safety. This gives people a sense of purpose and inclusion, boosting motivation.
- Increases productivity: By allowing staff to build better relationships, they will work better, respond quicker and be more productive.
- Encourages critical thinking: Our courses teach people how to operate under pressure and think creatively
Defence Lab also offers a host of benefits, including building fitness and strength, relieving stress and teaching staff truly valuable tools to help them stay safe in the world we live in now. We have worked with the staff members at Hampton Court Palace, the Tower of London and Kensington Palace; AECOM; and staff at AMYA UK, during their annual staff training weekend.
Alongside corporate team-building events, we also organise self defence classes in schools, women’s only self defence sessions (for both schools and adult groups) and private sessions for either individuals or small groups. All of these sessions are designed for you and your individual needs.
To hear more, contact us now on 0800 246 5925.
Why take our self defence classes in Epsom?
Defence Lab Training is the latest generation of martial arts and self defence and it is a programme that is going global. Here are some reasons to take one of our courses:
- It is not a sport or designed for competition; it is solely a reality-based self defence programme to deal with real-life situations.
- It is not an ancient martial art, which has been passed down through the ages. With Defence Lab Training, you will be able to train with the founder Andy Norman as well as the Top Team.
- Our programme examines all aspects of violence, such as verbal hostility to physical attacks, from fighting on your feet and from fighting on the ground and the other levels in between.
- In real life, people are very rarely attacked by single people, so Defence Lab trains our participants to fight multiple attackers.
- We are always improving and adapting the system so it remains relevant and current.
- Hollywood is a fan of Defence Lab Training and has been featured in numerous films, including Batman Begins, Mission Impossible III and IV and Clash of the Titans. Andy Norman personally trained Christian Bale and Liam Neeson for Batman Begins, as well as Tom Cruise for the movie Jack Reacher.
- The system has been tried and tested and we know it works.
- All our instructors are fully qualified, trained and insured and have been DBS/CRB checked. They all get on-going training to help enhance their own skills, so they are the best they can be.
Our self defence and martial arts programme is completely individual and makes a good alternative to:
- Mixed martial arts or MMA
- Krav Maga
- Close quarter combat
- Hand to hand combat
- Muay Thai or Thai boxing
- Combat martial arts
- Kung Fu
- Jeet Kun Doi
- Wing Chun