We all want the best for our children and young people and their safety and awareness is of paramount importance. Here at Defence Lab, we can offer tailored courses, training sessions, and seminars for schools, colleges, and other educational establishments. Working throughout Surrey, London, and the wider areas of the South East, we can offer one-off events or on-going courses.
Defence Lab is based on real-world self defence and is not a sport. It is a tried and tested system designed for on the streets in the here and now and handles all parts of encountering aggression and violence, including verbal and physical aggression. Our courses are well-structured, fun, and engaging – and teach very effective techniques.
All courses are tailored to your requirements and the ages of the children or young people.
Schools we have worked with include:
- ACS Cobham International School (Cobham)
- King’s College (Wimbledon)
- Hurstpierpoint College (Hassocks)
- Putney High School (Putney)
- Grey Court School (Richmond)
- Non Such High School for Girls (Cheam)
- Old Palace of Whitgift School (Croydon)
- Surbiton High School (Surbiton)
- Southborough High School (Surbiton)
- Broadwater School (Godalming)
- St Catherine’s School (Bramley)
- Rowan Preparatory School (Esher)
- Pyrford Primary School (Woking)
- Pennthorpe School (Ridgwick)
- Penwortham Primary School (Streatham)
- Moonhall School (Dorking)
Call now on 0800 246 1878 to find out more.
Year 6 took part in three amazing sessions with Defence Lab Training Instructor Tahir Ahmad, learning about the importance of personal safety and self-defence. The training has given the girls essential safety skills to help them prepare for being more independent for the next stage of their lives.
Thank you so much for such a successful workshop. It was perfect for our needs and gave the girls a real boost of self-confidence and self-empowerment as well as common sense street safety knowledge.Rowan Preparatory School
I would like to thank you, on behalf of Old Palace of John Whitgift School, for the time and effort you dedicated to leading our Learning for Life sessions about Personal Safety and Self Defence.
From the feedback received, the students found the interactive sessions fun and very useful. They mostly enjoyed practising their newly learned techniques using the equipment that you provided.
We very much appreciate your support and look forward to working with you again.
Mrs Sharon StarkOld Palace of John Whitgift School
Learning for Life Coordinator
Defence Lab Training came in to our school to deliver sessions on Self-Defence for Year 13 as they prepare to leave school and many will enter university life.
The sessions were thoroughly enjoyed by all the students, giving them practical and safe techniques on how to defend themselves. The sessions were fully interactive with the students able to practise the techniques, making the advice given all the more useful. Tahir and his instructors are professional and well-qualified, giving confidence to our students and delivering high quality training. We are delighted to work with them now and in the future.
Miss V HawkinsNon Such High School
Head of Year 13
During Activity Week our Year 10 and Year 12 students enjoyed a day of self-defence instruction from Defence Lab Training. Tahir is a patient, no-nonsense teacher who delivered very useful information and techniques to ensure that pupils were properly trained to deal with real-life situations they might meet when going about their daily lives.
Our pupils found the lessons good fun and full of practical common-sense approaches, which are easy to use and very effective. If you want to run a self-defence course for school children, I have no hesitation in recommending Tahir and his company.
Jane DanielsSurbiton High School
Assistant Head of Year
The benefits of our self-defence training in schools and colleges
In addition to boosting a young person’s safety, our school self-defence training in Surrey and London will offer a host of other benefits. School is a fantastic place to host self-defence training because it is a safe environment, where young people can explore and learn alongside their friends and contemporaries.
The benefits are vast and include:
- Improved confidence: Our courses help young people boost their self-esteem and confidence. This can be a fantastic way to help children understand more about bullying and empowers them to handle themselves in difficult situations.
- Mental resilience: Mental health is importantly a hot topic in education at the moment, and rightly so. We teach our students how to deal with stressful encounters and how to deal with potentially dangerous situations. This in turn helps to better deal with everyday life stress too.
- Self-discipline: Our self defence training encourages young people to be aware of themselves, their surroundings, and different situations. This fosters a sense of self discipline.
- Physical benefits: Our self defence and martial arts training improves physical conditioning, including strength, coordination, reflexes, and mobility. It will also increase endurance and metabolism.
- Stress-relief: Our self-defence training offers a great way of releasing stress and boosting mental health. This can have a profound effect on sleep and improve memory, productivity, and learning. It can also ward off more serious mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
We can help your children be safe with our martial arts for schools courses
Defence Lab combines the values of ancient martial arts with a modern self defence system that is constantly evolving and developing, so it stays relevant in the world we live in today. It teaches our students what they need to know to protect themselves and stay safe in the face of any attack or threatening situation.
We also cover:
- Stranger danger
- How to avoid danger
- How to get out of danger
- Building awareness
Our specialist martial arts for schools and self defence teachers are passionate about their work and teaching young people these invaluable skills. The team is lead by Tahir Ahmad, who is the owner of the largest and fastest growing club within Defence Lab in the world. All our instructors love working with young people and are DBS-checked and first aid-trained. We follow a rigorous Child Protection Policy.
Self defence for girls’ schools, colleges, and other bespoke training
Whether you are looking to equip your Year 6 students with the skills they need to handle themselves at secondary school or you are looking for specific self defence for women for girls only schools, we can help. Our self defence training is ideal for young people of all ages, from primary school right up until sixth form or when they leave education.
We will deliver high-quality training bespoke to your requirements. Please see our case studies for some examples of our work in schools and recommendations from our clients.
We also run regular local classes for children – our DL Kids programme and can offer private classes and other bespoke training plans. Our DNA Fight Science programme for children aged 13+, also offers private classes and other bespoke training plans.
- East Sussex
- Hemel Hempstead
- High Wycombe
- Kingston upon Thames
- Milton Keynes
- Richmond upon Thames
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
- South London
- West London
Talk to us about self defence and MMA training for schools in London and Surrey
We would be delighted to know more about what you are looking for and how we can help. Please call us now on 0800 246 1878.