Here at Defence Lab, we offer Personal Safety and Self-Defence training to a whole range of clients, including universities and corporate clients. Our training offers a seamless blend of self-awareness, self-defence, and martial arts training that can be used in real-world situations. Whether you would like to book a single seminar, weekly course, workshops designed for women, or other training, our instructors would be delighted to suit and will tailor any training to your exact requirements.
Defence Lab is different to any other martial arts and MMA training – it is designed around real-world altercations and looks at both the physical and mental side of attack. The DNA Fight Science martial arts and self-defence programme is an evolved combat system and has grown from real-life experiences, research, pressure testing, and investigations.
- Learn it: To understand how the techniques work
- Fatigue it: Drill the moves so you develop muscle memory
- Stress it out: Learn to function under stress through sparring, stress drills, and combat scenarios
Call now to discuss your requirements and to find out more about the work we do with universities and businesses. We can be reached on 0800 246 1878.
“Defence Lab delivered an informative and interactive self-defence workshop right here in our offices. The defence lab team talked through the different techniques and along with different scenarios in which they are most applicable. The session was absolutely amazing and applicable to individuals of varying fitness levels. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend to anyone interested in self-defence. This was a fun way to exercise whilst picking up a new skill.”AECOMNardia Pyne
I just wanted to thank you once again for the bespoke women's and teen girls self defence and personal protection workshop you created and delivered for BOLD Women.
Throughout our dealings, I found you polite, knowledgeable and accommodating. You clearly understood my vision and requirements and created a workshop that not only met, but exceeded my needs.
The feedback from the attendees has be phenomenal and everyone agreed there was a good combination of advice, theory and practical exercises that will now support our group to stay safer on the streets.
Thank you once again and I look forward to working with you on similar projects in the future.”Bold WomenFounder - Bold Women
“We had the pleasure of meeting the Defence Lab at our annual staff conference in June 2019. As fundraisers we often work alone or outside of normal working hours and so it was imperative that we all had some training in self-defence. Farhaj was an excellent instructor who tailored the session to meet this need and trained us all based on our individual level. The feedback from the session was all positive and even one attendee said, “this was both an enjoyable and informative session and I came away feeling empowered.” Thank you to Farhaj and the Defence Lab team for delivering a life-changing session that will be fondly remembered!”Macmillan Cancer SupportDiana Roberts (Fundraising Manager for Macmillan Cancer Support)
As part of our Health & Wellbeing Programme, Defence Lab Training have provided a number of self-defence staff training sessions at Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace and the Tower of London.
Both Tahir and Farhaj have been professional, energetic and engaging in the delivery of these sessions, making the activities fun and we have received very positive feedback from our staff.
They were also very collaborative in agreeing to attend our Health & Wellbeing day event at Hampton Court Palace where staff had the opportunity to interact with our suppliers and local practitioners. Again they engaged with our employees in a friendly and interactive manner, giving their time freely to the organisation and providing advice to individuals.
I would certainly recommend them as a supplier and partner.Historic Royal PalacesKate Morris - HR Manager
Self defence and women’s self defence at universities
Self defence training in universities and for young adults and women is more important than ever. Many establishments are engaged and proactively taking positive steps to improve the welfare of students by offering these types of classes.
For many young people, living away from their families for the first time can be tough. Our methods offer fast, effective, and practical ways of self defence and also look at stranger danger and how to assess potentially difficult situations by exploring the physical and non-physical aspects of self defence. For students, being able to protect themselves in real-life situations can provide both great confidence but also reassurance.
Students will grow in confidence, burn calories, boost strength and agility and learn additional important life skills. If you are interested in self defence training or courses in universities, please contact our team. We cater for a wide range of ages, abilities, and establishments. See our FAQs.
Corporate self-defence training and team building
We also offer essential and effective self defence training and team-building sessions to corporate clients. All responsible employers have a duty of care to their staff. If you have a well-being programme in place or are thinking about including one, self defence training or women’s self-defence classes could form an important part of your offering.
Our training courses can be tailored to your requirements and will demonstrate a commitment to your investment in your employees.
Here are only a few examples of some of the businesses/organisations that we have worked with include:
- Historic Royal Palaces, including staff members of Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, and the Tower of London
- Macmillan Cancer Support at their Annual Staff Conference
- AMYA UK at their Annual Staff Training Weekend
- Parkour Generations for their Instructor Team
- And more….
The benefits of martial arts and self defence training for businesses
So why should you invest in your staff in this way? Defence Lab offers its corporate clients a host of well-being benefits:
- Employees who are capable of protecting themselves on the streets will naturally be more confident and have greater self-esteem, which in turn will help them to have a greater sense of presence and leadership potential at work.
- Our training has been shown to improve teamwork, employee discipline, and staff morale. It can help teams work together to function more productively and take collective responsibility for their work. It can also help different team members resolve conflicts and creates a new level of respect for others.
- Our self defence training improves problem solving and can help participants think more laterally when it comes to solving difficult issues or problems.
- Many employees who feel supported and invested in will have a greater sense of happiness and peace of mind.
- Our MMA and self defence training is a great stress buster and can have vast mental health benefits, including better sleep, mental resilience, and productivity.
- There are obvious physical benefits to our training including developing strength, agility, flexibility, and balance.
- East Sussex
- Hemel Hempstead
- High Wycombe
- Kingston upon Thames
- Milton Keynes
- Richmond upon Thames
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
- South London
- West London
Talk to us about self defence and MMA training for universities and businesses in London and Surrey
Would you like to find out more about our self defence or MMA training? Please call us now on 0800 246 1878.