Here at Defence Lab, we teach a realistic and proven self-defence system, using what really works on the streets today. If you live in Teddington or Ham and are you looking for a unique way to get fit, build strength and burn calories – and learn how you or your child can defend themselves against attackers – then look no further. We offer regular weekly classes for children, teenagers and adults of all abilities.
Defence Lab is an ‘evolution’ within the arena of martial arts and self defence and is going global. Created over 20 years of scientific research alongside rigorous testing and training, we know it really works. Alongside teaching our students to physically defend themselves in street attacks, we also look at the mental side of aggression, from bullying at school, through to verbal assault on the street and how to diffuse situations effectively.
For more info, please call 0800 246 5972 or email email@example.com
Why book yourself onto one of our self defence courses for women near Teddington and Ham?
Self defence classes are for everyone and make an ideal alternative to the following martial arts systems: Taekwondo, Karate, Jeet Kun Do, Hand to hand combat, Krav Maga, Wing Chun, Kickboxing, Kung Fu or Muay Thai.
As a woman, what are the benefits of learning self defence? Nothing feels better than knowing you can take care of yourself physically but for many people, this just means staying in shape, eating well, keeping fit and looking after your health. However, learning a self defence method like Defence Lab will offer you so much more than this.
Here are some compelling reasons to learn:
- Crime can happen to anyone at anytime: Many of us never believe we will be the victim if a crime, but the sad truth is that crime can happen to anyone and it is often random. Real life is vastly complex. Defence Lab teaches our students how to deal with multiple attackers in real-life scenarios. It is designed to be used on the street in the world we live in now and will teach you awareness of recognising the possible dangers around you.
- Become empowered: Our courses will empower you, boost your confidence and self esteem and ensure you can walk down the street at night and feel safe. Knowing you will be able to defend yourself may encourage you to explore new places, take on new projects or meet new people.
- Improve your physical and mental strength: Defence Lab will help you burn calories and improve your stamina, speed, strength, flexibility and co-ordination. Improved physical health will mean a boost in your mental health, so you will sleep better, deal with stress more easily and have increased focus.
- Social interaction: Our classes are fun and inclusive and many people walk away from them with lifelong friends.
Do you want to motivate your team? Book a corporate self defence and fitness team-building event near to you in Teddington, Middlesex
We feel strongly about helping people to develop confidence and teaching them ways to stay safe. Sadly in today’s world, the streets are sometimes unsafe places to be, with knife crime and gang attacks on the rise. We teach people of all ages the skills they need to protect themselves and others in the face of adversity. Alongside regular classes, we offer a range of special services, including corporate team-building, women’s only seminars, self-defence events in schools and colleges and private or small group classes.
Our team-building programme offers your employees a fun-filled few hours (or more, depending on your requirements), where they will learn practical and empowering life-saving skills. They will gain valuable confidence in themselves and their abilities, which will translate in various areas of their lives. They will also feel motivated, increasing engagement and productivity.
We have recently had the pleasure of working with the following organisations:
- Parkour Generations, for their instructor team
- Historic Royal Palaces, with staff members from the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace and Kensington Palace
- AMYA UK, at the annual staff training weekend
All our events for businesses and schools can be tailored to your requirements and can be aimed at different age groups or industries.
Defence Lab also offers private and small group lessons. These are specifically tailored to meet our needs, schedule and situation and are a great way to get the additional, individual attention to accelerate your learning and progress, so you can take your training to the next level. These classes work around you, so are ideal if you cannot attend the weekly classes because of your busy schedule, your job or other commitments.
We are always happy to welcome enquiries about our special events, so call us now on 0800 246 5937.
Book into our self-defence classes in Teddington and Ham
With bases in Surbiton and Worcester Park, we are within easy reach of Teddington, Ham and the nearby areas of Surrey. Book a free trial session for yourself or your child today! We can be reached by calling 0800 246 5972 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer martial arts classes in Teddington and Ham, alongside 1-2-1 training classes, bespoke corporate team-building events and seminars on self defence for women and much more.