Defence Lab Training is a rapidly-expanding new generation of self defence courses, taking the world by storm! We teach a unique programme that has been based on two decades of scientific study of reality-based combat and defence.
We teach kids and adults of all ages, genders and athletic ability in Purley and Coulsdon and have a programme tailored towards self defence for kids – DL Kids – designed for youngsters from the age of four upwards.
Our programme covers every possible scenario imaginable. From diffusing verbal confrontations, dealing with multiple attackers, strikers, knife attacks and MMA-skilled attackers, through to defending yourself when you are sitting or even lying on the ground, we cover all bases!
- Diffusion of threatening situations
- Stages on incident
- Mass attack scenarios
- Real world solutions
Our system has been pressure tested and heavily peer tested, so we know it is an effective fighting system. Combined with this, it will build confidence, fitness and agility – and it all takes place in a relaxed, fun and safe environment, led by instructors who are passionate about what they do.
We pride ourselves on our family-friendly and inclusive environment, so from the moment you call us, you will feel valued and part of the Defence Lab family. Our instructors also teach private lessons (either 1-2-1 or in larger groups) and run seminars based on self defence for women, corporate packages for businesses and team-building exercises and events. We also offer martial arts classes in Purley and Coulsdon.
Self defence classes for kids in Purley and Coulsdon
Our self defence classes for kids in your local area are fun and based around learning simple self defence techniques, alongside playing games. They are informal but they also teach important lessons about respect, discipline and teamwork. Our students respect each other and themselves, making this a valuable investment in their future. Our kids learn about all aspects of attack and how to handle all sorts of situations, including:
- Bullying in and outside of school
- Stranger danger and what to do when a stranger approaches
- How to avoid – and react to – danger
Your child will also get fit in the process and improve their strength, flexibility and coordination. Regular exercise has also been proven to have an important knock-on effect on mental health, so they will sleep better, have improved memory and perform better at school.
Our family-orientated kids’ classes are all led by professional CBS/DBS-checked instructors. The lead instructor in Croydon, Tahir Ahmad, is devoted to his craft and was even nicknamed ‘Karate Kid’ at school. He has a vast amount of experience teaching adults and children and his team will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Self defence training in schools and corporate self defence in Purley, Surrey
Defence Lab also offers bespoke seminars, training sessions and courses for schools, businesses and women’s groups throughout the local areas.
- Businesses: Your team-building self defence event can be customised to suit the requirements of your company. Whether it is a one-off event for a few hours, or a series of sessions, we will teach our practical system of self defence. Participants will develop closer bonds with their colleagues and leave each session feeling motivated and inspired, with a sense of achievement.
- Schools & Colleges: We work with schools, colleges and other educational establishments throughout the nearby areas. Specifically designed for young people, the long term benefits of learning Defence Lab are invaluable. Youngsters will build self-esteem and confidence whilst learning more about conflict resolution and self-protection. They will also take away core values, such as respect, discipline and self-control.
- Women-only groups: We offer specific self defence for women and are always happy to teach courses and seminars for women’s groups. Tailored to your requirements, these can vary from an hour to several hours, or running every week for a number of weeks. As well as teaching women of all ages to protect themselves against attackers of all descriptions, we look at educating and empowering women, so they can make risk assessments within different situations and escape potentially difficult situations before they turn violent.
- Private classes: If you wish to accelerate the pace of your weekly learning or you can’t make our weekly classes and wish to learn more about Defence Lab, we offer private and small group lessons. Classes can be specifically tailored to your needs.
Do you wish to know more about our bespoke self defence training or self defense for beginners in Purley? Call us now on 0800 246 5937.
Hear more about our self defence classes for women in Purley – or book a FREE TRIAL – today!
To hear more about our self defence courses in your local area, please call now on 0800 246 5937. Alternatively you can email email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as we can.