Hello and welcome to Defence Lab Training. We specialise in the scientific study of the physical and mental aspects of reality-based combat and self-defence. We give our clients in Worcester Park and Malden Manor the skills to handle any threat and defend themselves successfully.
Our martial arts programme is open-minded, free-thinking and truly based on attacks in real life; focussing on the threat of multiple attackers. We give our clients an in-depth understanding of defence skills and the instinctual capacity to survive.
We hold regular weekly classes, private lessons, team-building exercises and bespoke packages for corporate clients.
Everyone is welcome to attend our selection of classes regardless of level of fitness or previous experience. The classes are split into the following three age groups:
To find out more, please call us on 0800 246 1878 or email email@example.com.
My first session for my son in the adults group and he loved it and I loved it too hopefully he doesn't use that on me.
Why choose our self defence classes in Worcester Park?
We know there are many styles of self-defence and martial arts, but Defence Lab is like no other programme out there. These are just some of the reasons why:
- Our programme is not designed for sport or competitions and practised as if you are in a real-life scenario – everything is focussed on your protecting yourself and others.
- When real-life attacks happen, people are rarely attacked by one person. Defence Lab is designed to deal with multiple opponents.
- There are no ‘out-dated’ moves and the system is a tried and tested method i.e. it has been put to the test and has proven to work in real-life scenarios.
- This is not an old system. It is very new and contemporary and so you will even get the chance to train with its founder, Andy Norman and our key trainers.
- We live in an ever-changing world and new changes usually mean new dangers. Our programme is therefore constantly evolving and adapting with time in order to not become out-dated but to always remain as a real and effective self-defence system.
Our martial arts programme is a unique concept and is a great alternative to the following if you are looking for a ‘no nonsense’ and reality based self defence system: –
- Krav Maga
- Mixed martial arts or MMA
- Close quarter combat
- Hand to hand combat
- Combat martial arts
- Muay Thai or Thai boxing
- Kung Fu
- Wing Chun
- Jeet Kun Do
What are the benefits of our self defence courses in Worcester Park?
Aside from the obvious benefits of protecting yourself and others in the event of attack, training with us offers a host of other advantages:
- Increasing the ability to concentrate and focus
- Improving physical strength and fitness of almost all muscle groups
- Learning respect and having greater self-control
- Greater agility and body co-ordination
- Increased self confidence
- Improving speed, power, timing and flexibility which can also help in other sports too
- Self discipline
- Increased awareness of the concept, mind-set and attitude of self defence – our motto being,
We study violence so as to escape it, prevent it and if all else fails, utilise it ourselves to survive
These skills all apply to everyone but particularly to our younger clientele. Training with us will also equip them to deal with and prevent being bullied, allow them a new sense of belonging and friendship group and give them important life skills to take with them into the future.