Do you live in Hampton, Hampton Court or Hampton Wick? Are you thinking about self defence of martial arts classes for yourself or your child? The world can be an amazing place to be but at times we can find ourselves in difficult situations.
Defence Lab is the scientific study of reality-based fighting and self-defence. It is free-thinking, constantly evolving and completely unique and is a phenomenon that is sweeping throughout the UK and the world. We believe that it is truly the most effective self defence system there is because it deals with reality and explores both the physical and emotional aspects of combat. Our self defence training also offers a fantastic workout and is fun too!
- It is not a sport or designed for the ring – our classes teach our students how to defend themselves in real-life.
- Unlike Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Karate, Judo, Taekwondo and other martial arts, it has not been passed down through the years. Our participants get a chance to train with the Defence Lab top team, including the founder Andy Norman.
- Our self defence system looks at multiple opponent’s threats and covers all areas of attack.
- You will learn to deal with all aspects of an altercation, from groundwork, through to sitting and kneeling and standing – we are never caught in positions we don’t want to be in when we are attacked – knowing how to move or strike back is critical.
- You will learn more about yourself in the process by pushing yourself so you can achieve your goals.
- Gyms can be boring places to work out – Defence Lab will help you build strength, fitness, burn calories and improve flexibility.
- Defence Lab will give you a new awareness of your surroundings and increase your focus, concentration and reaction times.
- Hollywood loves our style of combat and Defence Lab has featured in the Batman movies, the Jack Reacher films, Taken and Clash of the Titans.
We teach the main adult system ‘DNA Fight System’ to teenagers and adults and also have a specialised programme designed specifically for children, called DL Kids. Our highly skilled team of CRB/DBS checked instructors also give 1-2-1 private lessons or lessons for small groups and can run tailor-made packages for corporate clients, focusing on team-building or designed for specific areas of work. We also teach classes to students in nearby Surbiton.
To speak to our team, please call 0800 246 1878.
Cannot speak highly enough of Tahir (lead instructor) and his methods of training. My 11 year old daughter started here in December and her enthusiasm show’s no bounds! The whole training ethos has had such a positive impact on her. Training can be hard but is always fun and teaches everyone respect and the value of looking out for not just yourself but friends as well. I can highly recommend this class to anyone interested in getting fitter, having fun and learning skills to take forward in life. Come along, give it a try, you will not be disappointed!!! .
Help your kids beat the bullies with our DL Kids self defence classes
DL Kids is a fun-packed, exciting and challenging programme for children from the age of four upwards and will teach them how to stay safe, beat the bullies and be more confident, alongside learning and promoting important life skills like self-awareness, good manners, team work, respect, discipline and focus.
We take techniques developed in our tried-and-tested adult programme and adapt them for children and use games and fun to ensure they develop great skills. It is also a great way to make new friends and get fitter and stronger.
Bespoke corporate training packages
We offer bespoke corporate training packages for all industries. So whether you are a school looking to run self-defence classes run by experts, run an interactive team-building event, or have self-defence classes aimed at your industry, the team can provide you with the perfect event.
- Increase motivation, loyalty and retention
- Build, maintain and nurture relationships
- Have fun!
- Improve communication
- Improve workplace self-defence and lower stress-related sick days
Adult fitness and self defence classes
Our adult self defence system is the result of over 20 years of pressure testing and evolution. We look at all areas of attack, including diffusion of situations, weapons, stages of incidence and real-world solutions and real world attacks. We follow three steps in learning DNA Fight Science.
- Learn it – you learn the techniques and understand why they work
- Fatigue it – you practise in order to develop muscle memory
- Stress it out – you stress it out through various drills like sparring and scenario combat, so you learn to effectively use it whilst under stress
All our instructors consider themselves students and are always learning. Read on our blog about our chief instructor’s lesson with founder Andy Norman.
Self defence for schools, corporate team building and private self defence classes
Not everyone has time to join a weekly group class and there may be other reasons you wish to book a self defence course. We run regular bespoke self defence seminars, events and courses with schools, businesses and private individuals to suit their personal needs.
These courses can run for a few hours, for a day or over a number of sessions over a few weeks. We have a lot of experience in this area, with fantastic feedback and would be delighted to discuss through what you are looking for and why choosing Defence Lab could benefit you.
We also run private one-to-one classes and sessions for small groups and will work to your level. Some people may not feel comfortable in a group setting and in our private classes, the focus will solely be on you, so you can improve your techniques and tactics and develop your skills more rapidly than you would in a bigger group class.
Our classes are designed to help you improve the fastest way.
- Learn from our experienced instructors
- Get more personal attention to help you progress faster
- Learn techniques tailored to your needs
- Get a customised training programme so you can get quick results
If you are a school or group looking for self defence teachers, we provide personal safety and self defence courses for all ages and have worked with many schools, youth groups and other organisations. We will teach children the basics of Defence Lab, along with valuable skills like discipline, respect to others and communication.
We also work with local businesses providing team-building events and staff motivation and we can also provide women’s only personal safety and self defence seminars and events. We even run fun, unique and action-packed kids’ parties!
For self defence events and bespoke packages, please contact us on 0800 246 1878.
Book self defence fitness classes in Hampton now!
Feel free to get in touch with us to answer questions about any of our programmes and we will be delighted to help. You can also book a free trial session!